President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon during his official visit to the city of Penjikent, Sughd region to participate in celebrations in honor of the International Navruz holiday and the official opening of several facilities.
In Penjikent, President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon took part in the ceremony of commissioning the 220 kV Aini-Rudaki power line and the reconstructed substation “Rudaki”.
In the center of the management of the substation “Rudaki”, the president, by pressing a symbolic button, gave start to the work of reconstructed substation “Rudaki”.
It should be noted that through the substation “Rudaki” there is the possibility of electricity transmission to the Samarkand region of Uzbekistan and receiving electricity from Uzbekistan.
AF Mercados and Tajhydro has been recruited by Barki Tojik, the vertically-integrated state-owned electric power utility in Tajikistan as a project implementation consultant for the Wholesale Metering and Transmission Reinforcement Project with the overall budget of 4.3 Million of USD.
AF Mercados and Tajhydro providing assistance with management, project design, and procurement of contractors, as well as supervision and commissioning of metering and transmission projects.
Contract on Wholesale Metering and Transmission Reinforcement Project been signed on September 2015 and ends on May 2020. Overall responsibilities include:
- Project management and administration
- Support during the bidding process (bid specifications, technical evaluation and reporting complies with ADB and Government of Tajikistan procurement procedures)
- Assuring the effective design and engineering inputs
- Support to comply with ADB’s Safeguards Policy Statement 2009
- Contract management
- Financial management
- Quality control of materials, equipment, systems, software, and communications.
- Effective management of works and installation, testing, commissioning, handover, and guarantee.
- Capacity enhancement of Project Management Unit.
- Produce, disseminate, and obtain appropriate acceptance of a Code of Practice for the operation of the wholesale metering system