Funded by: USAID
Partners: Energy Security Group
- Prepare a regional power sector master plan considering environmental, social, economic, financial, technical and country security issues)
- Assess the adequacy of the current technical design of existing CAPS system. Analyze the technical and economic impacts caused by members joining or withdrawing;
- Updating of investment planning (identify the benefits of a regional power sector plan compared with planning on a national basis. Quantify economic, financial, environmental, and social benefits, including those resulting in reduced emission of greenhouse gases. Prepare an updated 10-year investment plan for justified projects
- Assessment of trading arrangements (assess the adequacy of existing regional energy trading arrangements. Identify deficiencies and propose remedies)
- Assessment of the adequacy of the existing CDC regional generation and transmission planning software.
The consultant firm shall closely coordinate the updating of the Regional Sector Masterplan with the already completed and on-going preparation for Tajikistan.