Funded by: ADB
Partners: Tata power, Mercados Arries Int
The Government of TAJ (GoT) implemented sector reforms which include (i) unbundling BT into separate generation, transmission, and distribution companies, (ii) employing a management contractor to run the newly established distribution company (the Disco), (iii) introducing a revised tariff setting methodology, (iv) establishment of a sector regulator, and (v) investing in Advanced Metering Infrastructure in the Disco.
The Management Contract will provide a full-time contingent of Key Personnel to fill the roles of senior executives of the Disco, holding overall responsibility for the operations of the utility over the life of the Contract and will also provide various Support Staff to assist the Key Personnel on an intermittent basis over the duration of the Contract as required. The MC will make arrangement of day-to-day management services of the Disco in accordance with international best practices and in fulfilment of the Service Requirements.
- Review relevant reports on the restructuring of BT;
- Meet with key stakeholders to discuss and review findings;
- Analyze targeted areas for improvement;
- Review relevant reports relating to BT’s IT systems;
- Develop a sustainable, realistic plan, complete with a recommended architecture and associated budget and schedule to secure funding and procure and commission the highest priority systems, related training, and support structure, inclusive of ongoing hardware and software maintenance costs, over the Period of Contract;
- Conduct physical inspections of facilities and equipment;
- Develop a System Planning Analysis, Obsolete Equipment and Non-Core Asset List and Disposal Plan, and Organizational Standards, Policies, and Procedures Plan (integrating materials from various relevant reports as required) in accordance with the Reporting Requirements;
- Conduct a technical training needs analysis, inclusive of the identification of technical skill and certification, tools, and safety equipment requirements;
- Develop a Training and Capacity Building Plan and Schedule, Human Resources Development Plan, and Organizational Handover Plan in accordance with the Reporting Requirements;